- Moneyball | best picture.
Really? I gave it seven stars out of ten. It was pretty good but I cannot imagine
how anyone could think that it deserved to be "the best".
- Brad Pitt | best actor in Moneyball.
I like him okay but did not think that he was all that great.
- Meryl Streep | best actress in The Iron Lady.
The movie trailer has me convinced - but I am a huge fan of Streep.
- Jonah Hill | best supporting actor in Moneyball.
He was okay but I think that others would have been better.
- Melissa McCarthy | best supporting actress for Bridesmaids
Bad movie and a lame performance. Nothing like her Emmy winning Molly.
- Kristen Wiig, Annie Mumolo | best screenplay for Bridesmaids
Cannot believe that this bad movie got any recognition.
- Steven Zaillian, Aaron Sorkin, Stan Chervin | best screenplay for Moneyball
Not sure what to think about this. The script was okay but it needed a lot of editing.
- Moneyball | best achievement in editing
Hard to believe this one. Some scenes just seemed to linger way too long.
- Rise of the Planet of the Apes | best achievement in visual effects
The chimps, monkeys and apes did seem a bit believable. :)
My Take on the Oscar Nods
The Oscars nominations came out yesterday and I thought that I might give a bit of commentary on the movies and actors that I actually saw ...