Yagan Shah writes today about 11 Vintage Slang Terms That Need To Make A Comeback at the Huffington Post.
Here are her terms and my thoughts about them:
- Groovy. A song by the Little Rascals is echoing in my head.
- Swell. Let's leave that one back with Wally and the Beav.
- Radical. I have never been one. Pretty moderate.
- Scram. I am not a gangster from Brooklyn.
- Neat. "and tidy" is what I am thinking about. ツ
- Funky. Some sort of weird odor associated with a teen's room
- The bee's knees. Something even my grandparents didn't say.
- Cool beans. Food that need to be reheated in the microwave.
- Tubular. Beats me. But I am not an 80s hipster.
- Hot to trot. I just start laughing when I say it.
- Wicked. Newish Broadway play about Oz?
I would love to hear any thoughts that you might have about these terms. Leave a comments and weigh in.