The Iron Lady" - a movie about a great leader that is overshadowed by the stellar acting of the person who played that leader. Lincoln is a very good movie but a few things were disturbing about it:
1) The main and central theme that the end justifies the means;
2) The way that Lincoln endorsed bribing congressmen;
3) How he discouraged his son from joining the fight then got him
a cushy job away from the front lines;
4) How Lincoln stalled and lied about the Confederate peace envoy;
5) The cynical (yet perhaps realistic) way that our federal government was portrayed.
Overall, I came away with a not so idealistic view of one of our greatest presidents. Perhaps it is for the best to see how our government has always operated?
Even so, I did really like the movie and, on a scale of ten, give it ★★★★★★★★.
Catch my other min-movie-reviews by selecting "Movies" above.