My Facebook friend Duane offered up criteria for his ideal candidate. Here is his list combined with a few of my own.
The President of the United States should:
- be a person of demonstrated high moral character;
- support equal rights for all citizens;
- have plans to strengthen the middle class of Americans;
- make the path to the middle class easier for those less fortunate;
- change our leadership role in the world from one of police officer to one of peace officer;
- have plans to strengthen Social Security and Medicare;
- have specific plans to make government more efficient;
- enforce existing immigration laws and go after people who hire illegal workers;
- appoint people to the Supreme Court who understand the constitution and are not politically biased;
- be a leader who can bring consensus to controversial national issues.
Thanks again to Duane for the first seven on the list. Let me know what items you might add or subtract from the list.