Some advice from my old blogging friend Danny Sims:
"What should I do or say about terror, refugees andThat's an important question. Here are a few guiding principles:
all the trouble with radical Jihadism in the world today?"
- Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.
- Doing something is often better than doing nothing, especially if it is kind and helpful.
- Saying nothing is always better than saying something unkind and hateful.
- If many people tell you again and again what you say is unkind and hateful, it probably is.
- You can personally stand against evil, including radical Jihadism, without returning evil with evil.
- The only thing that will overcome evil, in your heart, is good. And we are talking about your heart, right?
Choose goodness, prayer, kindness, and helpfulness in all you say and do.
Seek justice, mercy, and faithfulness.