The Christian Post shares the nine statements here. I list them, with my take on them, below:
- God helps those who help themselves.
We are all spiritually helpless and unable to help ourselves.
- God wants me to be happy.
Happy is a pretty superficial word. Even so I want to be happy.
- We're all God's children.
To be his child requires a spiritual birth.
- Cleanliness is next to Godliness.
Gotta work on my fingernails.
- God won't give you more than you can handle.
Define more. Define handle.
- We all worship the same God.
I worship God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Bad things happen to good people.
Bad things happen to everyone.
- When you die, God gains another angel.
Probably not. But I suspect we may be more angel-like than we think.
- We're all going to the same place when we die.
Big assumption. Why do folks think that everyone is immortal?
Please let me know what you think about these nine religious statements.