I wrote this in January 2005. I have not given up on the dream but am not that hopeful.
On a political scale, my heart moans over how very few of us ever move to the middle. I’d love to see a centrist party morph from the 2 parties. I know I’m dreaming. What would it be like to have a party that endorsed:
- Tangible commitments to the working poor,
- Moderate trade agreements that helped US labor,
- Sensible restrictions on abortions (i.e. 2nd trimester viability),
- Gun control that excluded hunting rifles (i.e.shotguns),
- Middle ground health care coverage for everyone,
- Some limits on liability for health care professionals.