Ann and I recently watched "We are Marshall", a movie based on a true story about the horrific loss and subsequent rebuilding of a college football team. I much enjoyed the story and the acting. The movie speaks deeply about the differing ways that people grieve. On a scale of ten I give eight stars. Here are a few of my favorite sports underdog movies:
- Rocky :: Hands down the best boxing movie and perhaps the best underdog flick.
- Hoosiers :: Another great underdog story about a small town basketball team.
- The Natural :: Robert Redford hits it out of the park as an aging baseball player making a comeback.
- Chariots of Fire :: Loved this story of Olympic runners and the inspiration of faith.
- Rudy :: A football movie about heart, overcoming and the underdog.
- Tin Cup :: Kevin Costner is great as a washed up golfer with a few great putts left in him.
- The Karate Kid :: Loved how an older man influenced the life of a bullied boy.