The folks at This Side of the Pond have a meme called Wednesday Hodgepodge. Here is my entry for today ...
- It was decided on Sunday the Denver Broncos will meet the Seattle Seahawks in this year's Superbowl. So, when was the last time you bowled? Not where you thought this question was going is it? Do you like to bowl? Are you any good?
I love to bowl but, with ankle and wrist problems, I am no longer able to do it. Interesting to note that I once bowled a 289 - one pin away from perfection. Also interesting that my cousin Ed averaged over 200 in league play before his right thumb was injured, learned how to bowl left handed and maintained 200+ as a southpaw. He bowled 300 with both hands. Pretty amazing guy!
- Should sports stars be role models?
Probably not but they and other celebrity types often are. Even folks in congress are often not models of good behavior. That said, I do think folks like Peyton Manning and others tend to be good models.
- January is National Oatmeal month...are you a fan? How do you like your oats?
I am not a fan but will eat oatmeal on a rare occasion. My wife is a fan - does that count?
- What is one book on your reading list for 2014?
I began reading Zealot by Reza Aslan two weeks ago. Six chapters in and I am not impressed.
- What would you like your future self to say to your present self?
Interesting you should ask. The answer is here.
- When scrolling through the TV guide, what is one movie title that makes you want to stop, grab the popcorn, and watch for a while?
- What are two style trends you hope never come back into fashion?
Bell Bottoms and Leisure Suits! ツ
- Insert your own random thought here.
Came to me in the shower today. The idea that God is always leading me.
Thanks for stopping by. Got any hodgepodge to share?