"Who is rich? He that is content. Who is that? Nobody." -Benjamin Franklin
Had an online dialog a few weeks ago with a guy about what it means to be content with suffering. Though he leads a large number of people he just did not seem to "get it" as he spoke of a person who is fighting back and was overcoming their adversity. So I thought of a few questions about being content. Would you be content to:
- be stuck in traffic for a long time with no chance to get off?
- live in poverty with no hope of a better future for your kids?
- only eat food that you do not like while you desire other food?
- drive a car that is need of repair and constantly breaks down?
- be imprisoned for life for a crime that you did not commit?