Every now and then I am in the car when Dave Ramsey is on the air. Love his practical no-nonsense advice to folks who call his radio show asking for help to get out of debt.. A while back he shared "7 Characteristics of Debt-Free People" on his blog. I thought that I'd share a few nuggets from it here ...
- Impulsive, impatient purchases are debt’s best friend.
- People who decide to ditch debt for good realize that debt isn’t a tool.
- People who are getting out of debt don’t care what others think.
- You know you’re on the right track when your broke friends are making fun of you.
- Materialism can affect any of us—rich or poor.
- Becoming debt-free isn’t about stocking a garage full of cars.
- At some point, people who become debt-free decide that enough is enough.