What kind of mini-series would you produce if you only had seven hours of video to tell the entire story of the bible? Which parts would you include and what would you leave out? That was the dilemma that the makers of the History Channel's "The Bible" mini-series were faced with. Ann and I watched and enjoyed all five installments of the series. Here are a few afterthoughts in no particular order:
- Was interested by the stories that they chose to tell.
- The ultra-white teeth of the actors really bothered me.
- The ninja fighting angels that saved Lot in Sodom made me smile.
- I loved that Jesus smiled and showed the loving side of God.
- Seems like they could have cast a few less European actors.
- I was moved by the scourging and the crucifixion.
- Thought that they could have had Paul in more scenes.
- Enjoyed the interpretations of the stories and how they made me think.
- I would have enjoyed seeing the stories of Joseph and of King Solomon.
- Wonder if there was a Catholic influence in how Peter and Mary were written.
- Loved that the series broke all sorts of ratings records.
Did you watch all or part of the series. I would love to hear your thoughts about it. Suspect they be different from mine. :)