- Old regrets and excuses.
Nothing has crippled me more than the past.
Nothing has empowered me more than hope.
- The burning desire to have all the answers.
I have come to peace with the notion that there are things unknowable.
- The false hope of a pain-free life.
I think that pain has changed me more than anything else.
- Ties to insensitive people.
We must never be influenced by those who do not love us.
- Obsessing yourself with negative news.
Yikes! I am a news junkie. I probably need to listen to music instead.
- The belief that fulfillment resides in the end result.
It is such a cliché but such a truth as well - life is all about the journey.
- Measuring your success by material wealth.
Trust me. Wealth brings more chaos than peace. The more you get the more you want.
- The need to keep everything the same.
Change is the constant. Peace does not come from the status quo.
On finding peace ...
I kind of like lists. So I was interested when a Facebook friend linked to a post titled "8 Things You Must Give Up to Find Peace". Here are a few brief thoughts about the list of 8 things to be abandoned ...