My blogging friend Linda shared something that made me think. I loved the way that her post turned around the pejorative Redneck descriptor and presented a different perspective on the word. Here is a snippet for your enjoyment.
You might be a redneck if ...
• You bow your head when someone prays.
• You still say 'Christmas' instead of 'Winter Festival.'
• You respect your elders and raised your kids to do the same.
• You'd give your last dollar to a friend.
• You treat our armed forces veterans with great respect, and always have.
• You've never burned an American flag, nor intend to.
• It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, 'One nation, under God..'
• You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.
• You stand and place your hand over your heart when they play the National Anthem.
• You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.
Now if these make you cringe a bit - I suggest that you might be taking Jeff Foxworthy's jokes a bit too seriously. :)