- Separate people into “us” and “them”.
- Believe you need to be rescued from yourself and cured of your own badness.
- Treat the afterlife as more important than the herelife.
- Make God about correct theology.
- Divide the world up into “sacred” and “secular”.
- Mistrust what you most deeply feel.
- Limit your experience of the divine to the people, places and programs of institutional church.
- Question your competence when it comes to charting your own spiritual path.
- Assume you more or less already have it all figured out, settle in, and stop exploring.
- Pour concrete around your latest ___________.
10 Ways to Stunt Your Spiritual Growth
Jim Palmer's Facebook page ...