What is Success?
In my younger years I loved formulas and rules that spoke to being successful. I embraced Stephen Covey's "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" and carried their time management binder every where I went. These days I am retired and do not need more than a calendar to navigate my days.
That said I did enjoy reading these suggestions for success. The first three are key - your spouse, your work and your attitude are so important. Here are a few thoughts about some of the others.
5. Forgiveness will open doors that seem to be nailed shut.
6. Every day I struggle to be more generous than the day before.
7. Gratitude is so important but rarely included on these lists.
8. Successful people simply do not give up.
9 Saving for the future requires a lot of discipline.
10. The golden rule is the best practice in business and in life.
13. Temporary happiness is over-rated.
14-15. Integrity matters in business and in life.
17. The converse is analysis paralysis. It is okay to be wrong.
21. This is a bit schmaltzy but pithy advice all the same.
Any thoughts about the list? Anything stand out?