I started blogging at Kansas Bob in 2005 and, after writing 2,820 posts here, I decided to take a break for Lent. Not sure why I did it but I do remember feeling the need to disrupt my life a bit. Easter was yesterday so I thought that I might report back. Here are a few things I did during Lent:
- Ash Wednesday came and I found myself in the emergency room of a local hospital. About 8am I experienced eye problems and I thought that I was having a stroke. Thankfully my neighbor, and friend from church, Kelly was able to take me to the ER. In the end I did not have a stroke but experienced an ocular migraine.
- A friend asked me to redesign Ann Kiemel's blog. I was happy to spend some time helping this great Christian author. I suggest that you add her blog to your reader.
- I gave up red meat during this time. A few weeks ago I gave blood and learned that my cholesterol had been significantly reduced. So I will probably continue this abstinence until my annual physical in May.
- An Eye for Redemption, my devotional blog, continued to be a life a giving experience for me as I journaled my way through the gospel of Luke. After publishing almost 900 posts there, half being my commentary on the words of Christ, I look forward to seeing where God leads me in there as I finish up the Red Letters of Jesus. Any suggestions for me?
- I did manage to make a few tweaks to Kansas Bob while I was gone. Blogger added new gadgets and I incorporated a few of them on my sidebar, Check them out and send me an email if you would like to be included in my new blogroll.