1. Lake Superior University has once again banished a list of words/phrases they think should be banished from the Queen's English in 2012 -
amazing, baby bump, shared sacrifice, occupy, blowback, man cave, the new normal, pet parent, win the future, ginormous, trickeration and thank you in advance.Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why.
amazing. I think that it and awesome are way overused
2. Are you easily embarrassed?
I can be when I do not know the folks I am around.
3. what is your go-to snack?
I have a few. Lately it is munching on Bison Summer Sausage watching the NFL playoff games.
4. Have you ever been to Washington DC? if not do you have any desire to go? What site/attraction would you most like to see in that city? If you have been what's your favorite site?
Our spring day trip in Junior High School included a train ride from Staten Island to DC. Enjoyed the Smithsonian the most. I'd love to go again. I have heard that DC is fairly wheelchair accessible.
5. sit ups-planks-lunges-squats-which one do you hate the least?
My arthritis keeps me away from such things. I do well to get a walk in.
6. What's a small act of kindness someone did for you that you've never forgotten?
A supervisor gave me some tough advice when I worked in Newark in 1975. I wanted to blow it off because I did not like what he said. I took it to heart and it changed my life.
7. Have you ever been a blood donor?
I give blood every three months. I have donated over three gallons. Would have been higher if I was not banned from giving for about 12 years because of HH.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
In my life I have found that pain has changed me more than love has. I am hoping to see that change. :)
Which do you think has changed you more - pain or love?