1) Approximately 7 times.2) 7 stars3) I love the way that Bill Murray's character transforms from a cynical self-centered guy into a man that helps others and consequentially finds what it is to love and be loved.
1) I've lost count (but not in a looooong time).2) 7 stars3) For me it isn't so much the destination as it is the journey. He takes the opportunity during this infinite loop to learn some pretty mundane things as memory serves, so it's not all about his perceived payoff.
1) 6 or 7 (although once I watched it and it kept replaying over and over . . .)2) 8 stars3) I too love the transformation, but my favorite part is the final day (or two?) where Andi McDowell's character finally gets to know him in his "transformed" condition.
1) hard to know for sure, since I see parts of it often. Its been probably only 4 times all the way through, but many more times counting all the bits and pieces I've wathced at different times.2) 8 stars. Its great, but maybe just a bit on the long side.3) Bill Murray period. He's great. I love the way he goes from taking advantage of everything (knowing what everyone will do) to helping people.
1) five to ten2) seven3) The scene where he is pigging out and trying to convice Andi's character of his time trap by describing each unfolding event before it happens.It is his transformation that is lovely, and the questions of what time is used for. Good deeds, and art and beauty are things I desire more time to develop.
1) Somewhere between 10 and 152) 9 Stars (nobody gets a 10 from me)3) There are scenes throughout that I love. But if I had to pick a favorite it is the last day where he:gives a great speech on camera at the beginningcatches the boy falling out of the treechanges the flat tire on the spot for the ladiessaves the guy choking on steaklights a cigarette for the ladybuys all the different kinds of insuranceplays piano with the banddon't forget the ice sculpturesis generally confident but humbleThis is actually my favorite all time (non-action) movie. My favorite movie with action is "Raider's of the Lost Ark" - but these two movies are like apples and oranges
I don't remember how many times I've seen it or what my favorite part is :( But I give it a 7.5.
The first time I say GHD I was flying on the red eye from LA. Needless to say, I kept dozing off and waking up and saying to myself "didn't I just see this part". Got off that flight daxed and confused.It has become a movie I can watch over and over, and often I will stop in for 1/2 hour at a time. Probably have seen it six times end-to-end. Rates a solid 8 for fun, originality and watchability. I like the part that on some days he drudgingly goes through his routine (blandly answering Jeopardy questions) and other days with a true sense of purpose (like the scene grate001 mentions above).
Thanks Barbara for commenting.. I was wondering if gals watched this movie.. never thought of it as a guy movie.
What a great movie. I've seen it dozens of times. The idea of living the day without consequences gets you at first, but, as bill learns, the idea of having endless time to improve your life and the lives of those around you is the true allure.
My favorite movie ever. I'd watch this movie ahead of any other. I've seen it 4 times now. I love it because it's just like life. We all wake up the same thing every day, and we at least wish we could be narcissists. My favorite scene might be when he's nice to the insurance salesman, and ends up saving more of his precious time, In fact, I love how precious his infinity becomes to him. He begins jealously guarding every minute, because every one of them matters to someone. I just love how bad and good this movie makes me feel.
1) Once2) 6 out of 103) The perfectly timed-out armored car robbery scene
Love this movie! I've probably seen it 20+ times.9 StarsI love how he wins her over by learning things about her each night.
6 years later, it's still a 10 in my book, my absolute favorite movie. I've probably seen it 4 times. It's one huge plot cheat, of course, but showing us how brutally much it takes to break down human pride is fantastic. And showing us how wonderful a human is once that pride is broken is even better.
1) Once2) 13) When it ended (And I do like Bill Murray)
I love to get comments and usually respond. So come back to see my reply. You can click here to see my comment policy.